Friday, February 11, 2011

Medical Ensemble

My chiropractor specifically recommended Crocs Footwear. It has been over a year since he told me to buy a pair but I didn't. Not because I did not like crocs but because the style I wanted is no longer in stock. There were a few pieces left of the Alice ruby model but it did not carry my shoe size.

Anyway, Crocs was the craze in the footwear industry but I personally think that they are best worn by medical practitioners: nurses and doctors alike. Doctors in their wrinkle-free white medical lab coats might dismiss the idea of wearing Crocs but when they are in their scrub suits, Crocs are the best. Some hospitals provide unique scrubs for their medical team depending on which department they belong, while others base it on seniority. I have yet to see a member of the medical team wearing scrub hats but maybe it's because I have never been in the operating room before.

When you buy a set of scrubs, whether simple or not, bear in mind that it has to be soft and comfortable but sturdy enough to meet the demands of your work. And don't forget to match your scrub uniforms with comfortable shoes, preferably those with support.

No comments: